- Lower skill levels in emerging and Next Generation Technologies
- Fewer experts in critical areas
- Lack of practical skills for innovation, research & development
- Lack of confidence in the human resource capacity across Africa
To get societal problems solved technically, IIPGH shall be the enabling voice to drive ICT in Ghana—to help create jobs, improve education and imbibe technology, entrepreneurship and innovation from early start to place the nation at a competitive and strategic level in this emerging world of ICT convergence.
• To become ICT Human Resource Hub of Africa
• To become the connector of all the players in the ICT Ecosystem
• To become ICT Research & Development Hub of Africa
• To produce ICT entrepreneurs that would develop world class products
• To make Ghana an ICT destination
With the following objectives, IIPGH envisages to become the most reliable partner in ICT development in Ghana and beyond:
i. Providing a platform for all ICT professionals to converge and network.
ii. Building a credible database of all ICT professionals in the different domains of ICT in Ghana
iii. Partnering government and businesses for new areas of job creation for ICT professionals.
iv. Advocating for the deepening of local participation in ICT sector activities.
v. Providing professional services and publishing journals on ICT development and strategy in Ghana.
vi. Promoting innovation that would solve our basic societal problems.
vii. Supporting members to advantage of ICT job opportunities.
viii. Providing education to the general public on ICT and how it can help improve lives.
ix. Training and certifying ICT professionals in various domains.
x. Becoming the voice of ICT professionals across Ghana
IIPGH plans to do this by
• Mobilizing professionals and developing a credible database in order to identify skills gaps.
• Creating Standards, Certification and improving quality of ICT Professionals.
• Giving young people from primary to university an early start to enable them take up ICT as a profession.
• Influencing policy and creating a strong brand of Ghanaian ICT Professionals
• Advocating for local participation and strategic positioning at management level
Membership & Benefits
- Free registration via Mobile App or website.
- Membership Certification
- Provide technical support to members on projects to succeed
- Create ICT support center (live online support to solve difficult technical issues)
- Access documents from portal to aid work (presentations, videos, audios of step by step processes)
- Access job opportunities posted on the institute's portal
Who can become a member?
Telecommunication professionals: – Engineers, Technicians, Riggers, Technical Managers
Radio&Television: – Installation Engineers, designers, technicians, Riggers
Security System installers: – Engineers, designers, installers
IT professionals – Network engineers, installers, and data center analyst etc…
Software developers – system analyst and engineers who develop Apps
ICT Training Institutions – NIIT, IPMC, Admin Telecom etc…
Tertiary Students:- Ghana Telecom University, KNUST, UCC, UG, All other institutions of higher learning
Procedure to Obtain Membership ID
As part of the process of becoming a full member with membership ID, a registered member shall pay an annual Dues of 100 Ghana Cedis (Professionals) or 20 Ghana Cedis (Students).